The UMSI Alumni Society Board is a group of alumni volunteers that provide leadership to help support the school in a variety of ways. Their vision is to foster lifelong engagement within the UMSI global community to [re]connect intellectually, professionally, and socially.
The annual Alumni Society Board meeting will be held on Friday, November 7 in Ann Arbor, where we will discuss our plans for the year focusing on encouraging alumni to engage with one another and connect with the school in various ways.
We are interested in soliciting ideas from you, our fellow alumni, on the following:
- Ideas for social and networking activities that would be of interest to alumni across the information spectrum in the major metropolitan areas where there are Directors of the Board (Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, Southeast Michigan and Washington, DC)
- Ideas for activities that might be supported outside of those locations such as viewing parties for talks of interest at UMSI and elsewhere
- What could the Board be doing to better help alumni support the academic and research missions of the school?
- How could the Board support the efforts of alumni to meet and stay in touch with one another more effectively?
Please email email@example.com with your feedback and ideas.
The 2014-15 members of the UMSI Alumni Society Board are
- Diane Barr, MILS ’89, Director
- Michael Beasley, MSI ’05, Director
- Karen Trimberger Brady, MSI ’00, Vice President/President-Elect
- Kamaria Campbell, MSI ’10, Regional Director – Chicago
- Mark Handel, MSI ’97, PhD ’07, Director
- Lija Hogan, MSI ’97, President
- Carol Ann Hughes, PhD ’96, Regional Director – Los Angeles
- Elaine Meyer, MSI ’09, Director
- Maureen Moore, AMLS ’67, Regional Director – Washington, DC
- Robert Parks, AMLS ’76, Regional Director, New York City
- Abigail Potter, MSI ’05, Director
- Andrew Peterson, MSI ’06, Regional Director – Seattle
- Phillip Tularak, MSI ’13, Director
- Mary Zhu, MSI ’12, Regional Director – San Francisco
We are bidding a fond farewell to the following board members whose terms have ended, who have made significant contributions over the last several years. Thank you for your energy, passion and commitment!
- Rosie Albritton, AMLS ’85
- Barbara List, AMLS ’82
- Joshua Palay, MSI ’07
- Jason Rodriguez, MSI ’04
- Gail Sonnemann, AMLS ’75
To read more about the Alumni Society Board, including minutes from past meetings and member bios, please visit us on the web.
I’m looking forward to a great year connecting with alumni and the school!
Lija Hogan, MSI ’97